I enjoy gazing at the "impossibles" that are shown in Vogue and Elle. If I were given a fat check, and knocked over the head to become spendy-crazy, I would own this:
|Balenciaga City Motorcycle|
|Tod's G-Bag Easy Secchiello Medio|
In my real life, not-broke but far from crazy-rich, I have just a few criteria:
- Under $100-ish
- Neutral, but not black: a "new neutral" like olive, deep red, mustard is good
- Medium large: holds all my essentials, but doesn't resemble an overnight bag, or give me back pain
- Shoulder-carry-able. I love the look of Mad Men short-strap purses, but cannot deal with them on an everyday basis.
- At least one stash-spot on the outside for keys and phone.
I have my eyes on these:
|Big Buddha - I love the shape and the color. $99.95|
|Matt and Nash - Nice hardware, great Fall color. $87|
|Another Matt and Nash - the trim slays me. No outside pocket though. $96.25|
|Etienne Aigner - just so classic. $91|
There have been times in my life when these prices have been out of reach - and of course I love a bargain any day! So I also comb the following for great Fall handbags:
- eBay, for gently used, higher-end bags -- there are thousands out there!
- Consignment stores have great selections at generally medium-range prices ($25-$75 for a "good" bag with a little wear).
- My hangouts: the thrifts. There is usually a big pile of not-so-great bags, so you have to be patient and eagle-eyed. Ask to see what's behind the glass at the checkout too. There's often a lovely, high quality bag stashed away.
Visible Monday Link-Up Reminder: Monday September 26th is Visible Monday, a group posting for anyone who'd like to participate. The simple guidelines are here. Basically, just post something that makes you feel wonderful/visible, and link to it via my Monday post. Easy and fun.